
Hello! I have thought for some time (23 months to be exact) that we should start a blog that will serve several purposes. It will not only help keep family and friends informed of our family happenings but will also serve as a journal of sorts that we can look back on to recall funny little moments from Kal's toddler years. I wanted to, but didn't, keep up on one throughout his infancy and regret not having done so. Luckily, I did keep a journal and a very accurate baby book so I will have those to cherish and read throughout the coming years. I have finally taken the time to sit down and figure this out, so now I would like to welcome you to the Pickering family's blog (The Kelsey Pickering family that is!)
For those of you who haven't kept up (I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to do so- we have only lived in 3 different states in 5 years) we are now in Edwardsville, Illinois. We live about 20 minutes northeast of St. Louis. Kelsey took a job here for the 2008-2009 school year. He is a football coach and PE teacher at the high school. So far, we love the community and we feel very fortunate to be part of such a great school district.
I am still staying at home with our curious, vivacious little guy, Kalvin. I'm so grateful to be able to do so! Our days are filled with all kinds of little boy's joys. Of course we have the never-ending chores and responsibilites but we never pass up the opportunity to get outside and enjoy the nice weather; play with trains, trucks, and blocks; ride our bikes; pick up sticks, rocks, and leaves; read books; take walks; explore a new playground; feed the ducks; or just sit in a field watching birds and airplanes. Often times our chores get put off for a fun day at the park but I justify this by saying the chores will always be there :) Kalvin is now 19.5 months old. He has the most beautiful personality and it is rare to find a stranger that he doesn't wave to and try to kiss (we're still working on this). Needless to say he wins the hearts of nearly everyone that he comes across and it warms my heart to just sit back and watch him in action. Kal is getting bigger everyday and loves to run, jump, and climb. He isn't talking much, very little actually, but he gets his point across very well through non-verbal communication (in other words- there is no reason for him to put forth the effort to talk). He signs to us and has a few basic words that get our attention everytime. His signs include help, more, please, thankyou, milk, papa, and poppie. He says bye, more, mama- or MA if he's scared, upset, or needs help, Per for Harper- the family dog, Da for daddy, and he trys to say milk and banana- two staples of his diet! He is a smart little boy that comprehends much more than we give him credit for sometimes. He may not speak but he comprehends the meaning of hundreds of words! Kelsey and I both say that once he does start talking he won't stop! I truely cannot imagine what I did before we had Kal. My life must have been so dull and boring! He keeps me laughing, keeps me on my toes, and keeps life interesting in the best possible way!
For those of you who haven't kept up (I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to do so- we have only lived in 3 different states in 5 years) we are now in Edwardsville, Illinois. We live about 20 minutes northeast of St. Louis. Kelsey took a job here for the 2008-2009 school year. He is a football coach and PE teacher at the high school. So far, we love the community and we feel very fortunate to be part of such a great school district.
I am still staying at home with our curious, vivacious little guy, Kalvin. I'm so grateful to be able to do so! Our days are filled with all kinds of little boy's joys. Of course we have the never-ending chores and responsibilites but we never pass up the opportunity to get outside and enjoy the nice weather; play with trains, trucks, and blocks; ride our bikes; pick up sticks, rocks, and leaves; read books; take walks; explore a new playground; feed the ducks; or just sit in a field watching birds and airplanes. Often times our chores get put off for a fun day at the park but I justify this by saying the chores will always be there :) Kalvin is now 19.5 months old. He has the most beautiful personality and it is rare to find a stranger that he doesn't wave to and try to kiss (we're still working on this). Needless to say he wins the hearts of nearly everyone that he comes across and it warms my heart to just sit back and watch him in action. Kal is getting bigger everyday and loves to run, jump, and climb. He isn't talking much, very little actually, but he gets his point across very well through non-verbal communication (in other words- there is no reason for him to put forth the effort to talk). He signs to us and has a few basic words that get our attention everytime. His signs include help, more, please, thankyou, milk, papa, and poppie. He says bye, more, mama- or MA if he's scared, upset, or needs help, Per for Harper- the family dog, Da for daddy, and he trys to say milk and banana- two staples of his diet! He is a smart little boy that comprehends much more than we give him credit for sometimes. He may not speak but he comprehends the meaning of hundreds of words! Kelsey and I both say that once he does start talking he won't stop! I truely cannot imagine what I did before we had Kal. My life must have been so dull and boring! He keeps me laughing, keeps me on my toes, and keeps life interesting in the best possible way!
This is awesome SIS! How fun for us to read and see pics of you guys! Love you!
ReplyDeleteSundee
Hey guys! It's great to see that everyone is doing well. Melissa, thanks for keeping us informed. I can't wait to see Lil' Pick!! Take care-
ReplyDeleteKeith & Donna
ps- When does spring football begin?
welcome to blogging! to has been a great tool for us during this deployment! going through a fourth tour its exhausting keeping everyone up-to-date with happenings! your going to love it! hopefully you are better then it then I as I seem to forget to blog!!
ReplyDelete