Tuesday, April 14, 2009

waiting for warm weather....

Hello again!!
Since our last post we have had experienced a few exciting events. First, Mimi and Papa Pickering came to visit and we spent an unseasonably nice day at the zoo. Mimi bought me a new zoo hat (the one from last summer was expectedly too small). They also brought the fire engine bed with them that they had bought for my older cousin Kellen when he was a little boy. I don't sleep in it as I require more wiggle room than it provides but I have a fun time playing in it!
After Mimi and Papa's visit we went to Ohio to see Mommy's side of the family and to celebrate Aunt Chris' 30th birthday. Aside from a very long drive, we had a great time. Mommy and I visited Aunt Chris at work and I got to sit in the pilot seat of a few different airplanes. We also got a great view of a couple airplanes taking off and landing. I liked it so much that I had a meltdown when it was time to leave! While in Ohio I had my first sleepover. My cousins Ryan, Andrew, and I stayed with my Poppie and Nonnie. Understandably, Nonnie didn't get a great nights sleep contenting with Wiggle (Ryan) and Thrash (ME) !! Mommy was so proud when she got home as both Poppie and Nonnie had a good report for her! Daddy didn't get to go with us because he had to work but when we got back he was on Spring Break. We spent the week hanging out around the house as we had some rainy, cold weather to contend with.
We celebrated my second Easter and I had my very first Easter egg hunt!!! Mommy could not believe how quickly I caught on to the concept. Daddy hid the eggs around the front yard and I had a blast finding them. (There are pictures and video on dropshots.) I especially enjoyed coming inside to find out that there were TREATS inside of the eggs. Mommy stuffed the eggs with fruit snacks, peppermints, and money. When Mommy took me to the store to pick out the candy I grabbed a handful of peppermints and stuffed them into the bag. She asked me what else I wanted but I was completely content with the peppermints. I proudly carried them to the cashier and even paid for my treats all by myself! To Mommy's delight, I enjoyed the fruit snacks, obviously wanted the peppermints, and I was totally unimpressed with the money. Mommy and Daddy can only hope that I keep with that trend!
We hope that you all had a blessed Easter and enjoyed your family and friends. Mommy promises not to go so long before our next post so needless to say it won't be as long or incorporate so many different topics.

Hugs and Kisses,
Kalvin (and Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment