Great American Past-Time!
Kelsey was offered free tickets to a Cardinals game on Sunday so after church (and a much loved Sunday afternoon nap) - we piled into the car and headed downtown. We had a great time but I must admit that Kalvin was not all that interested in the game itself. Rather, his attention was torn between the little girl sitting to his left and little girl wearing a bag on her head that was standing behind him. It was nearly impossible to draw his attention from these girls and I had my first "mommy moment of realization" that his attempts to make eye contact with these girls were taking presidence over my requests for a "Look at mommy and say monkeys!" picture opportunity. Ugh... seriously?! I can't say that I didn't expect this to happen in like, 20'something years, but not a minute before then! I was bummed. Luckily, after these little hussies had been swept away by their daddys at the conclusion of the game, I was able to get a couple of "Hurry up and take the picture Mom!" photos of my little ladies' man!Oh and by the way, just incase you haven't been to a ball game recently, it is important that you know what you are getting into. Not only was I unaware that a hotdog cost 4.75 and a small soda costs 5.25 but apparently I should have read up on the game in "Baseball for Dummies" before I graced the stadium with my presence. We hadn't been there long when a batter sent the ball soaring, the crowd errupted and stood, and when Kelsey sat down with Kalvin I excitedly shouted "Look Kal, a homerun... can you say home_run?!" Kelsey smiled and informed me that we had not just witnessed a homerun but rather a double that cleared the bases- whatever that means! I'd be lying if I denied that I heard all of the snickers around me. The man infront of me actually turned around- to see what this bimbo looked like- and when he accidently made eye contact with me he offered a sympathetic smile and quickly looked away as he couldn't hold back his laughter.
Of course, if you know me you know that I had an excuse for this indiscretion! I reported, very loudly- to ensure that the men around me could hear over their chuckling, that I hadn't seen what had actually happened because everyone had stood; and because it wasn't baseball etiquette- LIKE I EVEN KNOW!- I had remained in my seat. This did not serve to clear up the issue, looking back it didn't even make sense, so I did like any other girl would do... I changed the subject!
Of course, if you know me you know that I had an excuse for this indiscretion! I reported, very loudly- to ensure that the men around me could hear over their chuckling, that I hadn't seen what had actually happened because everyone had stood; and because it wasn't baseball etiquette- LIKE I EVEN KNOW!- I had remained in my seat. This did not serve to clear up the issue, looking back it didn't even make sense, so I did like any other girl would do... I changed the subject!
At least he was smiling after the little hussies left. Did you find your camera?
ReplyDeleteHaha, he's quite the little ladies man... you'll have to keep an eye out for him when we get back that way to visit. He LOVES pretty little girls like yours Brandy! I never did find the camera, I stole... uh, i mean BORROWED, one from my hubby's football stuff to take the pictures at the game. He realized that I'd done so and now it has mysteriously disappeared too!
ReplyDelete