Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blog what?!

Uh Oh..... I knew that it had been a LONG time since I blogged last but I had no idea that it had been OVER a month!! Hmmm, so..... REWIND (as best I can remember)..... We spent Mother's day in Kansas City with the Pickerings. While we were there we celebrated Mother's Day, Kelsey's Birthday, and Baby Henley's dedication. It was a fun and very busy weekend :) I finished my first year (at SIUE anyway) with a 4.0. Incase you can't tell, I'm VERY proud of myself (pat.. pat..) It was a challenge to maintain the grades but it was worth it because on June 4th I was informed that I had been admitted into the Early Childhood Partnership - not an easy feat :o
Kelsey was in a car accident that rendered my beloved Honda a total loss. Seeing as she was only worth about 600 dollars it didn't take much to deem her a totaled vehicle. It was a sad day for me, having to say goodbye to the old girl :( It seems like only yesterday I was dressed in my Sunday's best as I perched on the hood of the shiny new car. Why would I do that you ask? Well OF COURSE because I was having my photo taken with my new wheels at the industrial park in Salem, Ohio... oh the good old days! No matter how silly it seems now, and I'm sure to some that was clear then, my Daddy entertained the idea and went along with my grandiose plan, thanks for always letting me be me Daddy! Ahhh.... MEMORIES- I could get lost in them all afternoon! Anyway, we've replaced Barbara (aka Barbie) with another shiny (for now anyways) girl... a used (new only to us) Cadillac STS. Don't worry, I won't be perching on the hood of this vehicle for a photo op... my Dad isn't here to take them and I fear my hubby wouldn't be able to for worrying about the dent I was about to put in the hood :)
Aside from the new vehicle and another school year under my belt, Kelsey has finished his 2nd school year at EHS. We're now spending time relaxing, playing, vacationing (Outer Banks North Carolina last week and Colorado in a few weeks) and potty training.... that's an entirely new post that is coming soon (honestly... SOON!)

No comments:

Post a Comment